Urgent help is needed for food supplies for the food pantries
in Cheltenham. Please see the information leaflet in this post about the food pantries and opening times in Cheltenham.
Please keep reading for some ways you can help and why.
Sarah Avery has been at a food network provider meeting this morning and the food pantries are asking for help and support.
Sarah commented as she was at the meeting saying, “It is heart breaking listening to the stories people are telling about families having to choose between eating and heating their house with people not having enough money to feed themselves or their families.
Please get involved at this time with this worthwhile cause.
Here are what the food pantries are saying:
- People are scared to turn the power on to cook the food they are receiving.
- Food Pantry numbers are increasing week by week.
- The pantry has run out of soup and beans, We have never run out of soup and beans before.
- We are providing food for people who don’t have the facilities or money to pay the fuel bills to cook.
- We have seen an increase in the number of households using the pantry alongside a decrease in donations.
- We have seen a rise in single people and couples with no dependants needing support from the food pantries.
- We are seeing people with nothing needing our help. The money for food is not adding up.
What can you do to help #FeedCheltenham?
- Please support your local food pantry and food bank with food donations.
- Please donate money to #FeedCheltenham via Crowdfunder and we will buy the food and supply it to those in need through the food pantry network. www.crowdfunder.co.uk/feedcheltenham
- Please also share this with anyone you can think of who might be able to help.