Why does Family Space exist?
- To bring Good News to our community
by being a practical expression of the
love of God
- To work in the deprived area of West
Cheltenham and beyond.
- To develop people’s appreciation of
themselves and their families giving a
sense of hope.
- To encourage family relationships,
especially between parents, carers and
- To mobilise partner organisations and
churches to serve the community
- To provide spaces where parents and
children can feel safe.
These aims result in the following benefits.
- Parents are more confident and
more capable in coping with the
stresses of family life.
- Families begin to operate their own
Support networks in the
- Local children are more likely to
grow up in a Safe and secure
- Separated families can re-establish
communication and relationship
where this is broken.
- Local people are aware that Family
Space is available to signpost them
to other services.
“When I started going to Family Space I wasn’t in the best place emotionally I was really struggling. Joining Time Out helped me to make friends and slowly gain confidence. I felt like I was failing my children as I couldn’t financially provide for them. Family Space helped me gain some relevant skills by giving me chance to volunteer.
They helped me to find a job that fit around the children which I will be forever grateful for. When I look back now I can see how far I have came since joining Family Space. I now have more confidence and even though I still have slight bad days I’m much better then what I was. I don’t feel like I’m failing the children. Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me over the years and who still support me when I need them.”
– Mum supported by Family Space over the last 10 years.